Prairie Rose and the Sidekicks

Prairie Rose and the Sidekicks

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Where were you???

DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE?


I was a home school mom, and had a small beauty shop in my home.  We didn't have regular television, but we had what was called Sky Angel.  RARELY was TV ever on in the morning.  I wonder if it was actually ever on first thing in the morning, but "that" dreaded morning, "something" directed me to turning it on.   I know it wasn't a coincidence.
I remember glancing over at the TV, drawn into my first initial picture of a plane crashing into a building.  I think I felt numb, and couldn't really believe my eyes...  "This" was real.  "This" was really happening.
My two daughters were up and eating breakfast, and I had them sit down and watch it with me.  The phone rang shortly after; there was going to be people gathering at our church for prayer.  

September 9th, 2001 was a  home school day I will never forget.  My daughters and I gathered with others from our community as we prayed for those families involved.  

This evening I watched a television show that focused on that event that changed many lives in our country.  I found myself realizing how many people had worked diligently at that site, trying to rescue those injured, those trapped, and comfort those who lost loved ones.  Help us Lord to never forget those who were the heros; those who gave their lives trying to save other lives.  And Lord, please bless these families and help them to find comfort in those surrounding them.  Please Lord, forgive us for taking so many things for granted, and taking for granted the value of life and of lives you've brought into our path.  Thank you Jesus for those you surround us with and help us to never forget, You have created each of us, for a purpose.   Amen

2 comments:

  1. That was an awful day. Even though I was pretty little when I happened I still remember it clearly. It's funny cuz we hardly ever had the radio on but that morning we did. Strange coincidence.
    Love your blog - look forward to seeing more posts! -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you happening to have your radio on, and us happening to have our Television on; weren't coincidences. We were meant to; the Holy Spirit drew us to do that. and Thanks Heather......

    ReplyDelete